A German SME develops a software prototype monitoring international business news in context of Know Your Customer (KYC) generating insights through visualizations. A final solution should combine web search algorithms with modern data visualization providing compliance-relevant news on business partners. Data Scientist (PhD)/experienced researcher in Computer Science or related discipline is sought within Society & Enterprise Panel of Individual Fellowships of Marie-Sklodowska-Curie actions.
The German SME has several years of experience in the complete software development process across different industries, focusing on agile software development methods like Scrum and applying the Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe for Lean Enterprises.
It develops a software prototype which monitors international business news in the context of Know Your Customer (KYC) and generates insights through visualizations. The final solution should combine web search algorithms with modern data visualization and provide compliance-relevant news about business partners in the KYC area graphically and interactively.
Key elements are storytelling dashboards, international compliance news analysis, generation of information insight based on data science methods, social media monitoring, sentiment analysis and multidimensional reporting. The company plans to offer this solution over the internet as a SaaS (software as a service) and via a newsletter with a subscription function.
The main idea is summarized in the following three pillars:
Pillar I: Business Intelligence
The first pillar understands news content under a business intelligence (BI) perspective. Companies and organizations have been using business intelligence tools and techniques (further name: data warehouse) for analysing enterprise data mainly in a quantitative manner for more than thirty years. The SME's approach is a transformation of unstructured data into structured data in order to implement new analytics processes using best-of-breed technology know-how.
Pillar II: Data Science
The core objective of the application development is the use of data science methods for finding patterns, insights and connections between entities within the news content. The rapid development over the last two decades of data volume, used and shared over the internet, – including social media & collaboration platforms – reduces the cost of news content globally and generates various opportunities for small businesses. The SME participates in the data science and machine learning evolution offering modern sentiment news analysis and advanced text mining features to the users.
Pillar III: Domain Knowledge
The SME develops a compliance framework, including different risk types, risk matrix, correlations and relevant news sources for entities on fraud topics. The company integrates iteratively the underlying business model into the software solution.
The SME would like to hire a Data Scientist with a doctoral degree (PhD) or an experienced researcher (scientific worker) with several years of research experience in Computer Science or related discipline - Mathematics, Physics or Engineering - in the framework of the "Society & Enterprise Panel" of the "Individual Fellowships" of the "Marie-Sklodowska-Curie actions".
The purpose of the partnership is the completion of the product development, focusing on moving the prototype to a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). The anticipated duration of the project is 2 years. The deadline of the call is 11 September 2019, and the deadline for EoIs is 19 July 2019.
- Type of partner sought: The researched technology partner /scientific researcher should have experience in some of the following fields:
- Application development of data science algorithms (using Python, R or other stacks)
- Creative design of the presentation layer in terms of new visualization types and filters
- Enhancement of the dashboard storytelling approach for an intuitive user experience and data exploration
- Development of a Proof of Concept for a natural voice integration using leading cloud technologies
- API REST model development
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The purpose of a partnership is the completion of the product development, focusing on moving the prototype to a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). This may include a setup of a framework for detection and explanation of connection patterns between data structures using text and data mining (for example, based on the programming languages Python or R). Another area for cooperation is the application and integration of data science algorithms like cluster analysis or the creative design of the presentation layer in terms of new visualization types and user interactions.
Main requirements for the Data Scientist with a doctoral degree (PhD) or the experienced researcher (scientific worker) with several years of research experience in Computer Science or related discipline are:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion for data science
- Ability to analyse and visualize large data sets
- Demonstrated programming experience preferably using Python or R
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Creative thinking, willingness to learn new technologies and approaches
- Team player with own tasks responsibility reporting directly to the company founder
There is a steady interest within the society for understanding global news components, involved entities and relations, especially those related to compliance topics. The possible target customers are defined as: investors, journalists, lawyers, public sector organisations, media monitors, knowledge workers for small and medium-sized companies.
The SME started the prototype development of the software, applying state-of-the-art data exploration methods from the area of data science and data warehousing. Key elements of the final solution are storytelling compliance dashboards, generation of immediate insights for the users paired with multidimensional reporting data lineage from international business news sources and social media monitoring.
The software should provide the users with powerful know how using peer comparisons, correlations or similar connections within the dashboards.
Strategically, the company aims to enhance the mining functionalities from descriptive to predictive models. The concept includes a voice integration component, as an example of Amazon or Google, as well as further integration of the Microsoft Cloud Services.
Prototype available for demonstration
Trade Marks - The SME and the prototype are EUIPO registered trade marks.
Pour faire une expression d’intérêt sur ce profil, veuillez vous connecter ou créer un compte